Each order placed by the Client shall be preceded by a free quote issued by the Service Provider based on the documents to be translated or information provided by the Client.
The quote the Service Provider sends to the Client shall include:
• The number of words or pages to be translated;
• The language pair;
• The way in which the translation was priced. A translation is billed either at a flat rate, at an hourly rate, or based on the Service Provider’s rates at the time the quote is prepared, such as the number of words in the text to be translated or number of target words in the translated text, according the Statistics function in Microsoft Word, by line, page, or by hour.
• The date of delivery of the translation;
• The format of the translated documents in case a specific layout has been requested;
• Any special rates applied because of urgency, specific research, or any other service that goes beyond the services usually provided by the Service Provider.
To confirm an order, the Client must return the unaltered quote with the Client’s written approval and signature to the Service Provider. If the Service Provider does not receive the order confirmation, the Service Provider reserves the right not to commence work on the project concerned.
If confirmation of the order is not received within one (1) month of the date the quote is sent by the means stipulated above, the quote shall be considered null and void.
The Service Provider reserves the right, after informing the Client, to charge an additional fee and/or not to adhere to the delivery date on the Client’s initial order in the following cases:
Modification of documents or the addition of documents by the Client after the initial quote was prepared by the Service Provider, in which case the Service Provider reserves the right to adjust the rate based on the additional volume of work estimated or requested;
If the documents were not furnished during the quote preparation process;
If the initial quote was based on the Client’s estimation of the number of words and an excerpt of the text
In the absence of the Client’s express acceptance of the new delivery and/or invoicing conditions, the Service Provider reserves the right not to commence work.
Unless otherwise stated on the quote, costs incurred during the provision of services (travel, courier or postal fees, etc.) are payable by the Client.
Any decisions to offer a discount, reduction, or sliding fee scale based on a percentage or flat fee (per page, line or hour) are at the sole discretion of the Service Provider and only for the service to which they apply. Any discounts or rebates offered to the Client shall not create a right vested in interest concerning future services.
In the event that a quote is not sent to the Client before the commencement of work, translation services shall be invoiced at the base rate usually billed by the Service Provider.